Yoga Therapy is the hallmark of the Krishnamacharya Tradition. It was Krishnamacharya’s strong conviction that the practice of yoga and the application of its numerous tools must be done to suit the changing needs and requirements of the individual. In refusing to standardize the methodology of teaching yoga, he created highly individualised practices relevant for every student from every walk of life.
T Krishnamacharya’s skill and innovation in adapting practices of yoga to suit individual requirements based on time, place, season, constitution, health status, profession, capability and desire of every student, was transmitted to his son and student, TKV Desikachar, who in turn has passed on these diagnostic and teaching skills to the teachers who trained under him and who now constitute KYM’s faculty.
- One-on-one consultations and Teaching only.
- Holistic approach integrating tools of yoga, diet and lifestyle practices and adapting them to individual requirements.
- Individual centric teaching methodology based on initial assessment and progression of student over time.
- Customised and periodically evolving practice routines.
- KYM receives over three hundred care seekers for consultations and offers upwards of one thousand one-on-one yoga therapy classes every month.