A glimpse into Atmadarsanam (26th February to 2nd March, 2018)
A glimpse into Atmadarsanam- A residential Vedic chant retreat at Anaikatti by the Siruvani, Tamil Nadu
Programme Dates: 26th February to 2nd March, 2018
Venue: Anaikatti by the Siruvani, A Sterling Resort
Indian Students (twin sharing) – Rs. 30,000
International Students (twin sharing) – US$ 600
(Inclusive of accommodation, three meals a day, conveyance to the venue and course material)
Generally, for those who wish to immerse themselves in spiritual sojourn, rivers and beaches are very popular since the levels of environmental prana tends to be higher in the vicinity of water bodies. KYM is happy to announce “Atmadarsanam”, a chanting intensive retreat set in the midst of a beautiful landscape by the flowing waters of the Siruvani.
This 5 days programme will focus specifically on excerpts from the “Kathakam,” one of the very well-known segments from the Taittiriya Brahmana branch of the Krsna Yajur Veda.
A recurring theme among many Upanisads, especially the Kathopanisad is the story of Nachiketas, the young child who had the strength to stand up to Yama, the God of Death and secure from him an initiation into the highest knowledge of the Self that would lead one away from the bondage of life into the freedom of liberation. The Kathakam portions chosen for this retreat focuses specifically on “suryopasana,” meditation on the sun and the gradual progression from the gross to the subtle, in a deep and stirring journey to the realm of the Self.
The daily sessions will include:
- Three sessions of chanting
- One session of asana practice
- One lecture session that will present the global meanings of chants taught
- One guided meditative practice integrating the chants learnt
- Participants who wish to reach Coimbatore please register by paying the entire programme fee on or before the 31st of January, 2018. This will enable KYM to arrange transportation from Coimbatore to the venue. Please do reach Coimbatore by the 25th February, 2018.
- Those who you prefer to come to Chennai, please register by paying the entire programme fee on or before December 15th, 2017. This will enable KYM to book the train tickets from Chennai to Coimbatore and arrange transportation from Coimbatore to the venue.
- Please also let us know your plans for the return journey well in advance so that KYM can make the necessary arrangements.
- For specific details regarding the programme, travel or accommodation, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.